|Title:||Experienced Oilfield Dispatcher- Indiana,Punxsutawney, Homer City, Blairsville PA. - FULL TIME|
Purpose: Communicates work assignments to drivers and is responsible to monitor and verify the successful completion of the assignments. Monitor Drivers on a day-to-day basis and to make decisions on emergency and contingency situations and respond to customer requests while following PMT, state and federal requirements by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. This position could be responsible for any/all of the essential functions listed herein depending upon assignment:
Shifts: 12 Hour rotating shifts. Day/Night/Weekends/Holidays. FULL TIME - Indiana, PA location.
Essential Functions: Must have Logistical Knowledge.
● Establish and maintain relationships with customer(s), carrier(s), driver(s) to meet transportation coverage needs, and all other company objectives.
● Participate in orientation and training programs for drivers.
● Learn all appropriate computer system(s).
● Adequately train driver(s) how to read the trip sheets.
● Identify new and unused resources to maximize software utilization.
● Learn how to fix common daily issues/errors/ problems in the system.
● Manage, record performance metrics for driver(s), customer(s), carrier(s).
● Responsible to track driver hours of service to insure the safe and timely delivery of customer freight while working within the guidelines established by the DOT and FMCSA.
● Monitor drivers’ performance, record and report any non-compliance, late deliveries, etc.
● Follow protocol in carrier qualification and best practices guidelines.
● Documents driver work assignments on computer and other reports for proper billing and payroll systems and procedures.
● Data entry to insure shipment information is entered covered, managed accurately and timely throughout each stage of the dispatch process.
● Utilize dispatch software efficiently and effectively.
● Responsible for receiving loads and processing paperwork.
● Prepare and reconcile daily trip sheets and load sheets.
● Ensure compliance with DOT regulations and hours of service rules.